Sunday, September 21, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Here I will post God's words of encouragement to me and all my fellow Christians who are in a similar situation as I am with regards to the heart.

- Psalm 36:5-10
5Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens, Your faithfulness to the skies, 6Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains, Your justice like the great deep...
7How priceless is Your unfailing love! Both high and low among [women] find refuge in the shadow of Your wings. 8They feast on the abundance of Your house; You give them drink from Your river of delights.
9
For with You is the fountain of life; in Your light we see light. 10Continue Your love to those who know You, Your righteousness to the upright in heart.

- Jeremiah 31:3-4
3..."I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness. 4I will build you up again"...

- Psalm 45:11
The King is enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for he is your Lord.

- Hebrews 13:5-6
5...Be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 6So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid."...

God's love, faithfulness and protection are eternal. I don't really need any other love because I can take refuge in the knowledge that He loves me and has loved me forever. He will always be there for me and even when I fail he will build me up again and never forsake me. He thinks I am beautiful and knew me before He created me. I have failed many times and am constantly longing for a love here on Earth, but really, I need to focus on the one love that will never leave me, the love of God. His love is the only love that will truly last forever and I know he has a perfect plan for me. If he has a love here on Earth for me, it will come in His perfect time and I need to trust that He will care for me.

- Romans 12:2
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- His good, pleasing and perfect will.

It is my desire to transform my thinking and to be content with His love. I will try my hardest to do so. I will take refuge in the knowledge that even if I falter, like I know I surely will, He will always love me and will always receive me with open arms.

These are some "encouraging" words...

By Nicole (And of course God)

No comments: