Thursday, September 25, 2008

Entitled

I am frustrated with something and need to vent about it.

The key issue I feel here is entitlement and those who feel they have it.

Drivers in their expensive cars who cut you off or turn right in front of you in a parking lot.
People you know who get mad at you and treat you poorly because you excel in something they don't.
Strangers who feel the need to treat you like you are less than nothing because of the position you hold.

All of these situations come about because these people feel entitled. They feel entitled to the way of the road, entitled to hold a higher position than you because they've been doing it longer, entitled because they have a job that doesn't require manual labor.

Entitlement is the poison that causes issues in this nation. We all feel so entitled and so worthy but really none of us are. If we didn't feel entitled we wouldn't treat each other the way we do. We would care more about our neighbors. We would do more for others and less for ourselves. We don't do this though because we feel entitled!

I have been wanting to vent about this for a long time. Every time I run into a situation where I get frustrated with how I am treated. I think of why it is happening and all I can come back to is entitlement.

I am in no way perfect and I know I can treat people poorly. I am trying though and offering my faults up to God. I am trying to be a better person. To do more for others and less for myself. To feel less entitled and more thankful for what I have, because I have a lot. I have been blessed and I need to share my blessings with others.

Thanks for letting me vent... I felt entitled to do so :p

These are some "entitled" words...

By Nicole

No comments: