Monday, September 8, 2008

I didn't protect my heart

So I have been trying my hardest to be a Godly woman. To be a woman of honor and class who respects men and honors God. I try to dress modestly so as to not provoke a wandering eye and I try not to flirt, although I'm not very good at that when I'm working.

One thing a single gal of God should also do is protect her heart. I have avoided becoming involved with men whom I know are not Godly men. The atheist for example, I didn't get involved with him. I know I should only become involved with men who are "equally yoked" because I want a man who understands where I am. I was doing a good job of that until my ex popped back into my life. I was doing just fine by myself until he decided to text me out of the blue. Last time I had talked to him he never wanted to see my face again. Well, apparently he changed his mind and we started talking again after almost 2 years. Now my heart is broken and there is no one to be mad at but myself. I failed at protecting my heart. Now I need to rebuild the protection I had previously and get better at knowing when to let someone in my life. What an idiot I am.

It sure is a good thing that God loves me regardless and that He looks at me with fresh eyes every minute. I am blessed to know that I am forgiven for not being a Godly woman by failing to protect my heart. I know better now and will certainly avoid that again! :)

These are some "humbled" words...

by Nicole

No comments: